What’s up Blues fans. It’s Monday. The worst day of the work week. I’m sure you’re sitting there at your desk, cubicle, work station, or staring at your phone reading this; sipping your coffee and counting down the miserable hours we have to go until game time.
I’m here for you. Let’s keep this light and positive. We share this dreadful Monday together. So sit back, sip that coffee and away we go.
1. The Blues lost game 2. So what? They’re still the better team and are great on the road. If they can waltz into Winnipeg and win 3 straight, my panic meter has not moved as they head to Dallas. I expect a better effort and back to back wins. I’m still thinking this ends in 5 games. We should all be positive about this team. They’ve showed nothing but great things for four months. I ask that the city collectively finds faith. Let's watch the boys bring back two wins and get this bread.
2. That’s what’s great about sports and hot takes in general. It’s a distraction. An escape from our daily lives, work, and stress. Whether you’re right or you’re wrong, it’s supposed to be fun. The Blues will win tonight and get this bread.
3. #GetThisBread this needs to be a thing. Why? Why not.
4. Jamie Benn. If you’re a Dallas Stars fan and you watch your team play the thought has to cross your mind, “man this guy is good at hockey but he’s such a jerk.” There are many other words I would like to use, but jerk will suffice. Seriously though, the guy has a face that screams "punch me". He’s a goon. A clown. Cheap-shot specialist.
5. The Blues need to be smarter. The Stars tried to get the blues to take penalties and fall off their game. They succeeded. The Blues need to stay out of the box, keep their composure, and not retaliate.
6. The PP was dreadful. It needs to be improved. 0-5 in the playoffs isn’t going to get you any wins. It needs to be better. I suspect it will be tonight.
7. The top players need to produce. From face offs to putting points on the board, 91, 57, 10, 90, and 27 need to do more. They are the veterans and big money-makers on this team. They need to produce and I foresee a big response by all of them tonight.
8. Game of Thrones. Surprised at the lack of deaths and really disappointed in the ending/battle scenes.
I’ll see you all on the other side. Sip that coffee. Until the game, that is...